Favorite Things

  • Little Pink Book
  • The Quilted Angel
  • All People Quilt

Succulents

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year and New Goals ?

I love the new year. I like the thought of a clean slate. I find myself busier than ever - tidying things up, organizing, cleaning, and making resolutions and goals that I will never achieve. Then comes the reality that I have failed. This year was no different. It started with the removal of all things Christmas - except for the tree - the day after Christmas. The tree came down New Years Day. However I did make a resolution to not make any resolutions. So with that I am ready to take on the new year. I will be 50 in 6 days. I need to do something BIG while I am still in my 40's.
I had wanted to take a birthday trip to Monterey to see the Monarch Butterflies, go whale watching and visit the aquarium. However with my husband's shoulder recovering from surgery, and the lack of spare cash as a result of the injury, I have decided to let that plan go for a while. I don't even know what I want.

So with my almost clean house, and my clean slate I begin the new year with a clear conscience. I am going to let go of some of my unfinished projects and relax more this year. We will see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment